Thank you for your participation in the 16th Conference on Location Based Services (LBS 2021), which was held online on Zoom on 24-25 November 2021.
This year we were again privileged to host more than 215 participants from all over the world, contributing to the conference with high-quality presentations and inspiring discussions.
The conference featured five keynotes:
- Michael Batty, University College London, “More Than One Digital Twin”
- Urška Demšar, University of St Andrews, “Studying migratory bird navigation with spatial data science”
- Matt Duckham, RMIT University, “LBS and Indigenous Data Sovereignty”
- Anita Graser, Austrian Institute of Technology, “Open LBS Research: Why (not)?”
- Ross Purves, University of Zurich, “Location, place and language”
The conference also featured a “Best paper session” on the 2nd conference day and five oral sessions on “Wayfinding and Navigation Systems”, “Positioning”, “Location tracking and systems”, “Mobility and Activity Analytics”, and “Visualization, Perception and Analysis”.
You can check the hashtag #LBS2021 on Twitter to get some impressions of the conference.
Thank you for making the conference such a memorable event again!
Hope to see you again at LBS 2022, which will be hosted by Augsburg University and TU Munich in Munich on 12-14 September 2022. More details will follow.